How To Ask Your Flower Girl & Ring Bearer
A few months ago, I shared the proposal boxes I created to ask my bridesmaids to be apart of the big day. Each box was filled with pretty items I thought they would love. This past month it was time to ask our flower girl and ring bearers. I wanted the flower girl box to be the “little girl” version of the bridesmaid box, so I tried to mimic the style, while keeping it age appropriate. As for the ring bearers, I wanted to create something a bit more fun, so I was pleasantly surprised to find these ring security bags.
As I mentioned, I wanted the flower girl box to match the bridesmaid proposal boxes, so I opted for a wood crate that was the same color as the wood and glass storage boxes I used for the bridesmaids. I didn’t want the crate to be plain, so I added a few faux flowers and a gold H initial. When it came time to decide what to include inside of the box, I tried to think of things I thought our flower girl would love. I decided to include a mixture of flower girl themed goodies, as well as other girly odds and ends I thought she’d like.
Here’s what I included in the flower girl proposal box:
1. Flower Girl Necklace from David’s Bridal | The moment I saw this necklace, I knew it would be perfect for the box. Not only is it a great gift, but the packaging also serves as a way to ask the big question. I love how delicate and feminine it is! *Click here to shop the necklace*
2. Flower Girl Insulated Tumbler from David’s Bridal | Since I gifted my bridesmaids tumblers when I asked them to be apart of the big day, I thought it was only appropriate that I give one to my flower girl as well. This one from David’s Bridal is so pretty, and I love the rose design on the lid. *Click here to shop the tumbler*
3. Personalized Flower Girl Mini Tote Bag | Since our wedding is technically a destination wedding, I thought a tote bag would be a great addition to the flower girl proposal box. She can bring it with her when she travels to hold any of her belongings. I love how I was able to customize it with her name so she knows it was specially made for her. *Click here to shop the tote bag*
4. Unicorn Eye Mask | I gave all of my bridesmaids eye masks in their proposal boxes, so when I came across this unicorn eye mask I knew it would be a wonderful addition. I just think it’s so adorable, and something she can use in the hotel the night before the wedding. *Click here to shop the eye mask*
5. Bridal Barbie | When I came across this bridal Barbie, I couldn’t resist including it. Little girls are so fun to shop for! Since she’s still young, I thought adding a toy would be a great idea! *Click here to shop the Bridal Barbie*
6. Flower Girl Book | Since this will be the first time our niece will be in a wedding, I thought it would be special to gift her this book that shares all the best things about being a flower girl. *Click here to shop the flower girl book*
7. Sleep Scrunchies | What girl doesn’t love hair ties? I especially love these scrunchies because they’re satin sleep scrunchies, meaning they don’t leave creases while you sleep and they’re gentle. *Click here to shop the scrunchies*
Flower Girl Box Source List
Flower Girl Necklace | David’s Bridal
Flower Girl Tumbler | David’s Bridal
Flower Girl Mini Tote Bag | David’s Bridal
Unicorn Eye Mask | Amazon
Barbie Bride Doll | Amazon
The Most Special Flower Girl Book | Amazon
Hair Ties | Kitsch
Here’s what I included in the ring bearer proposal bag:
We’re lucky enough to have two ring bearers, and I wanted to create something fun for them. I was so happy when I came across these ring security duffle bags. The boys are more low maintenance, so I knew just filling the duffle bags with items they love would do the trick! While I did end up adding a few more goodies to their bags, like candy, water toys, and Matchbox cars, I thought I would just highlight the ring bearer themed gifts I came across.
1. Ring Security Duffle Bag | As I mentioned, our wedding is considered a destination wedding, so our bridal party will be staying with us the night before. I thought this duffle bag was perfect for so many reasons. Not only does it work as a great bag to store all of the gifts to ask the boys, but they can also use it as a travel bag for the wedding weekend. *Click here to shop the duffle bag*
3. Ring Security T-Shirt from David’s Bridal | I mean, how adorable? I love all of the security-themed goodies they have for ring bearers. David’s Bridal had a bunch of other cute t-shirt designs as well. *Click here to shop the t-shirt*
4. The Best Ever Ring Bearer Book | Since I’m pretty sure the boys haven’t been in a wedding, I thought the books were a great way to explain to them what to expect! *Click here to shop the Ring Bearer book*
Ring Bearer Bag Source List
Did you enjoy my flower girl and ring bearer proposal ideas?
Thank you to David’s Bridal for providing the David’s Bridal items featured in this blog post. As always, all thoughts and opinions, are completely my own.Last Updated: Sep 8, 2019