How to Prepare for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links.
One of my favorite sales of the year is right around the corner; the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. It’s the annual sale where Nordstrom marks down their brand new fall merchandise for a limited time. Once the sale ends, prices go back up to their normal retail price. It may seem silly to prepare for a sale, but because of the amazing discounts, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is extremely popular and the best items sell out quickly. Trust me, I know from experience. Here are my tips and tricks for preparing for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018:
Know the dates.
July 12th, 2018 3:01 AM Eastern | All Nordstrom cardholders receive early access to the sale
July 20st, 2018 3:01 AM Eastern | The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale opens to the public
August 5th, 2018 11:59 PM Pacific | Items return to their normal retail price
Sign-up for a Nordstrom card.
In order to score early access to the sale you have to be a Nordstrom cardholder. I know opening a credit card is a commitment, but if you’re an avid Nordstrom shopper I highly recommend it. The reward system is fantastic, and you get perks throughout the year, like Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018. You can sign-up for a card here.
Look through the catalog and make a wish-list.
Whether you’re shopping in-store or online, it’s going to be overwhelming. The stores will be crowded, and items will be selling out left and right online. Before the madness begins, take a look at the catalog and make a list of the items you’re most interested in. Even if you’re not interested in any specific items, you can make a list of the type of items you’re shopping for. For example, I really want a pair of over-the-knee boots for fall, so that’s what I plan on investing in. Whatever you’re on the hunt for, write it down. It will be so much easier to navigate the store and website if you do. You can check out the catalog here.
Last year was the first year I extensively covered the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and I plan to do the same, and more, this year. From the moment Early Access begins, I will be covering the sale on my blog and social media channels (especially Instagram and Facebook). I will also be sending out newsletters regularly! Be sure to bookmark this page, and follow along on social! Similarly to last year, a try-on haul will go live the first day of Early Access.
Don’t forget, Early Access begins July 12th, and the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 officially opens to the public on July 20th.
My Top Picks from the Catalog
1. Caslon Faux Shearling Jacket | $85.90 ($129 after sale)
2. Madewell Mini Transport Perforated Crossbody Bag | $109.90 ($168 after sale)
3. Vince Camuto Smocked Neck Blouse | $58.90 ($89 after sale)
4. J. Crew Billie Demi Boot Crop Jeans | $82.90 ($125 after sale)
5. Sole Society Talbia Loafer | $59.90 ($99.95 after sale)
6. BP. Mock Neck Colorblock Sweater | $31.90 ($49 after sale)
7. Treasure & Bond Felt Panama Hat | $31.90 ($49 after sale)
8. Badgley Mischka Double Face Wool Blend Wrap Front Coat | $229.90 ($349 after sale)
9. Leith Nik Block Heel Pump | $49.90 ($79.95 after sale)
10. Caslon Liam Bootie | $79.90 ($119.95 after sale)
11. Leith Sleek Knit Midi Dress | $43.90 ($65 after sale)
12. Sam Edelman Caprice Knee-High Boot | $149.90 ($224.95 after sale)
13. Lewit Stripe Cashmere Sweater | $199.90 ($299 after sale)
14. Brixton Fiddler Corduroy Baker Boy Cap | $31.90 ($48 after sale)
15. Adidas Flashback Sneaker | $67.90 ($90 after sale)
16. Nordstrom Kara Leather Expandable Crossbody Bag | $98.90 ($149 after sale)
17. Rag & Bone 63mm Polarized Aviator Sunglasses | $129.90 ($195 after sale)
18. BP. Tonya Open Toe Mule | $49.90 ($79.95 after sale)
19. Herschel Supply Co. Strand Flight Satin Duffel Bag | $52.90 ($80 after sale)