If you follow me then you know I have a tendency to make everyday things just a little bit extra. I kept seeing coffee stencil videos making the rounds on TikTok (love this one by my friend Kristin), and so I had the idea to use the stencils to make fun pancake designs instead. No, I don’t add stencil designs to my pancakes every single day, but I thought it would be a fun DIY to share. These would be perfect for a bachelorette brunch, birthday, or any sort of party! I made my pancakes designer-inspired, but the shop where I found the stencils can make any sort of stencil you may need across all different themes.
- Start with a plain pancake. I prefer using frozen so that they’re consistent in shape and size, but if you’re a pancake making pro, feel free to whip up a fresh batch.
- Add a little drop of water to the top of the pancake. This will help everything stick better.
- For the actual design, you can use either confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon, or whatever fine topping you have on hand.
- Place the stencil on the pancake, and then add the sugar to the stencil. Spread it around and then use something flat to add pressure to the stencil and press down for a few seconds.
- Lift the stencil, and viola!
It’s really easy to do and a fun way to upgrade your pancakes! Like I said, these would be perfect for a future party or get-together.