Half-Up Half-Down Wavy Tutorial
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
As I’m sure you can tell from past hair tutorials, I am all about easy, effortless hairstyles. I am also a firm believer that you should have fun with your hair and experiment with different styles. This half-up half-down hairstyle is a go-to for me. It’s super easy to achieve and I think it has a young, fresh vibe to it that I just love. Today I’m going to share with you the four easy steps to recreate this style using a curling wand, hair tie, bobby pins, and my favorite hairspray, TRESemmé Micro Mist.
The great thing about this hairstyle is that you can start with any type of hair – curly, straight, wavy, clean, or dirty; it doesn’t matter. For this particular tutorial, my hair was in between washes and curled with a curling wand the day before. It’s completely up to you if you want to curl your hair first, or stick with the current state of your hair. I personally like how the waves create texture and volume!
1. Grab a section of hair from the front of your head. This section will be used to create the pony tail. The more hair you pull back, the larger your pony tail will be. Secure the pony tail with a thin hair tie.
2. Once you’ve secured the pony tail, it’s time to hide that hair tie. Take a piece of hair from the pony tail and wrap it around the hair tie. Keep wrapping until you reach the end of your hair. Secure the hair with a bobby pin.
3. Before I secure the hairstyle with hairspray, I like to go over my waves with a one inch curling wand to freshen up any loose curls.
4. Not that the style is complete, it’s time to keep everything in place with the TRESemmé Micro Mist hairspray. I spray the hairspray allover, especially focusing on the pony tail. I love how TRESemmé Micro-Mist Level 2 gives incredible hold while still keeping your hair soft to the touch. You never have that stiff feeling that some hairsprays can give. It leaves such a natural finish. This particular hairspray also reduces frizz, which trust me, I need!
And that’s it! Wasn’t that the easiest hair tutorial ever? That’s why I love it so much! If you’re in the market for a new hair spray and want to give TRESemmé Micro Mist a try, I’m sharing some amazing deals happening right now at CVS. It’s the perfect time to stock up on your TRESemmé favorites.
Amazing Deals Happening Now
4/15/18 – 4/21/18
– $5 ExtraBucks® Rewards when you spend $15 on participating TRESemmé® products.
– 2/$10 WITH CARD Select TRESemmé® Premium Hair Care products.
– 2/$8 WITH CARD Select TRESemmé® Shampoo, Conditioner and Stylers.
– Additional savings can be found in most Sunday papers this week
– Save $1.00 on any ONE (1) TRESemmé® Styling product or Dry Shampoo product (excludes trial and travel sizes).